Monday, August 17, 2015

First Tee! - Scout Take 2

I finished my first real garment, hem, binding tape and all!

I bought the fabric a while ago at Joann's. When I first got some sewing done on the project bags and pillow cases I bought a handful of random cottons that were on sale with big plans in mind.  Of course, I didn't do anything with them at first. After finishing the pillow cases using the coffee table I was getting frustrated and put sewing away until I got the craft room in order.

I pulled out all those random cottons, and started with this one. I didn't have enough to do the sleeves in the same fabric, but I think I like the black better than more of the peacocks.  I used binding tape for the neckline and this tutorial from Grainline Studios.

I like the pattern and hope to get a picture at Wednesday night knitting. It's a little on the baggy side so I might try adding bust darts for the next one. I have a few tank patterns I want to try too.  More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Really appreciate this post. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! Website Designing Lahore

    ReplyDelete