Monday, October 19, 2015

You Know You are a Knitter When.....

.....Your cravings take the form of stranded colorwork.



I was/am very sad that I couldn't make it to Rhinebeck this year.  I just hit a point where my energy levels just wouldn't allow it to be and it was a bit hard for me to accept.  But hopefully this will make next year seem so much better.

Because I was sad and tired and worn out... I indulged myself a little.  I have had this strange (for me) craving to work on some stranded colorwork.  I really just wanted to knit with some yarn in each hand and make some beautiful patterns.  I normally get sock cravings, or mindless knit cravings, I don't normally do colorwork and when I do it's more about wanting a specific product.

Hanging out at Sit n Knit on Saturday, I was just overcome by the urge to knit this hat. It's the Baa-ble Hat by Donna Smith designed for the Shetland Wool Week.  Looking around at the shop full of colors I finally decided on Owl by Quince. The wool/alpaca mix keeps it soft and warm while still having that sticky texture to help with stranded knitting.

I think it brought together all I was feeling this weekend.  This hat gave me something to fill the Rhinebeck void, it was designed for a wool week, involved sheep and used some local yarn.  Plus as soon as it's done blocking and I stick a pom pom on it, I'll have something to chase away the sudden cold weather we are getting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment